Role of Sleep in Health
31.12.2018 | Snoring Problems
Sleep plays an important role in our health. If our bodies do not get more than 6-7 hours of sleep per night, we could develop more serious health problems. Today our lives are busy, and many people may not feel they have time to address issues with sleep. If you notice your sleep is interrupted, it may be time to take a closer look, and talk to a professional.
Symptoms of disrupted sleep:
- Loud snoring
- Gasping for air during sleep
- Breathing stops while sleeping
- Dry mouth
- Daytime sleepiness
- Lessened ability to concentrate on daily tasks
Snoring Laser Care may help solve your sleeping issues with our state-of-the-art technology to treat both snoring and sleep apnea. If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, let our team help.
The role of sleep plays an integral role with our health. While we sleep our bodies are able to reduce inflammation caused by stress hormones that are released while we sleep. If we do not get a good night’s rest, our bodies are more susceptible to heart conditions such as stroke or high blood pressure. The ideal amount of sleep required for each person is between 7 and 9 hours of sleep each night.
Other benefits of sleep and your health:
- Prevents cancer with melatonin that is released during sleep.
- Reduces stress and high blood pressure. Relaxation is key to helping you fall asleep faster.
- Sleeping well makes you more alert and able to complete daily tasks or work requirements.
- Sleep helps improve memory, as your brain is working during sleep making important sensory functions work to process things better.
- Helps you to maintain or lose weight. Not getting enough rest can throw off the balance of hormones in the body, and this can affect the regulation of your appetite.
- Reduces risk of depression helping to increase serotonin levels and prevent deficiencies.
If you experience any sleep issues that may be impacting your health, please call or email our Practice today to schedule an appointment. See how Snoring Laser Care can help you.