How to cure sleep apnea
05.04.2019 | Treatment Options
Sleep apnea can cause disrupted sleep and affect how we function each day, as well as our overall health. Loud snoring or paused breathing or gasping for air during sleep is not good for our bodies. If you suffer from sleep apnea this means the brain is not getting enough oxygen. There are things you can do at home to help ease your sleep apnea, but the only way to minimise or reduce sleep apnea effectively is to seek professional help.
Ways to help ease your sleep apnea at home:
- Weight loss: Try and exercise regularly and eat healthy. Having excess weight around your throat can squeeze that area, and cause it to collapse while sleeping.
- Change the position you sleep in: Instead of lying on your back try sleeping on your side. Sleeping on your back can cause the soft palate to collapse in your throat, which causes snoring.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking: Both of these habits can affect breathing and attribute to sleep apnea.
- Follow a good sleep routine: Avoid staying up too late, and try to get enough rest each night. Exhaustion can cause muscles to collapse and snoring is more likely to occur.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water plays an important role in our breathing. Keeping your body hydrated helps to avoid breathing issues at night.
At Snoring Laser Care, we offer state of the art treatment to miminise and reduce snoring. We want our patients to live a healthy lifestyle, and want to help give them the quality sleep they desire. With our NightLase treatment patients can get the relief they need, and the procedure is quick and effective.
NightLase uses a laser that is able to modify the tissue in the back of the throat causing a tightening effect. This opens up the airway making it easy to breath, and reduces the vibration of the floppy palate. The procedure requires no anaesthesia, and usually the treatments are approximately 30 minutes each. Normally three treatments are needed over the course of two months.
Our team will meet with you to evaluate your condition, and complete an assessment for each patient. Once that is complete we will discuss the recommended treatment plan.
Benefits of NightLase
- Snoring is minimised
- Sleep is uninterrupted
- Pain and recovery are minimal
- Procedure is effective and provides instant relief for patients
- Procedure is done in Practice.
If you are looking for relief from symptoms of sleep apnea, please call Snoring Laser Care today to discuss how we can help you get a good night’s sleep.